Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Zion Lion

Zion National Park is a ferocious, yet lovely, place. Like a lion, it is a little scary at first. Huge sandstone mountains, high elevation landings, and fast moving rivers! While it may be intimidating, I am in love with this place. It may be my most favorite park yet (of course, I think I keep saying that as I go along!) Zion seems like you drove straight into the bottom of the Grand Canyon. The sandstone mountains make someone feel so small like a little ant looking up at a tall person wearing a big pair of boots! Everything in this park is so easy to get to. There is a shuttle that takes everyone to different stops. I have hiked Angel's Landing and The Narrows. Both of these hikes are accessible to anyone and two of the most awesome hikes I have done yet. I can't say enough about this lovely place. You'll have to come for a visit!

1 comment:

  1. Ferocious!!!

    Is Zion National Park the Park from the Matrix that's underground and people live there in hiding?

    ReplyDelete