Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Painted all yesterday!!

Here are my first two paintings. The first one I painted down by Glacier Creek in the morning. Although this location was just off of the road, it was very peaceful. The only people who came by were fisherman. I got to see them catch a small cutthroat trout! Pretty cool.

I started by blocking out the big shapes I saw in the landscape.
I finished up by adding some texture and working with the highlights and shadows.

This painting was done on top of a giant boulder looking out to Long's Peak (the highest mountain in the park). I watched a beautiful sunset and was really happy with the way the painting turned out.

I will try to get some close-up shots of these soon!

Today is my last day in Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm going to go for a hike this afternoon then will be taking off. In a couple days, I will be in California in Yosemite National Park. I'll be meeting up with a landscape painter there named Penny Otwell. I really love her work. You can see it at www.pennyotwell.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment